Welcome to 6th
Grade Math! I am looking forward to working with you this year,
sharing knowledge and a love of math. Below, you will find general
information about the class that will help make this year a success.
Students will learn and be assessed in the following categories in accordance with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS):
- Mathematical Process Standards
- Numbers and Operations
- Expressions, Equations, and Relationships
- Measurement and Data
- Personal Financial Literacy
In this class, students will become confident in their ability to solve mathematical problems. Students will also develop good mathematical habits to prepare them to use logical reasoning to make sense of complex problems in the real world. Working together in our class helps learning to be successful. The following rules are in place:
- Be respectful of others and yourself.
- Be on time, in your seat, and ready to learn.
- Bring your supplies every day.
- Do not keep anyone from learning or working.
- No unapproved electronics or food in the classroom.