Ms. Keene’s 7th Grade Classroom Expectations
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students,
Welcome to the 2016-2017 Academic School year. It is my pleasure to be welcoming your student into our class. Please read through the following policy and procedures for my classroom very carefully as it provides all the rules, regulations, grading procedures requirements and expectations of your student in my class. Please keep in mind that any changes to this document are at the discretion of the teacher. I will do my best to ensure you have been notified if any changes occur in the course of the year. We do have a parent portal that is available for you, so that you can monitor you child’s progress.
- To meet the requirements set forth by the state of Texas for Social Studies TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills).
- To provide a warm, welcoming learning environment that embraces all levels of learners and nurtures their individual strengths.
All assignments/homework are worth 100 points. All tests are worth 100 points but will count for 2 grades; projects will vary between 2 and 3 grades depending on the individual assignment . It is imperative that students realize the importance of due dates. If a child does not turn in an assignment or project the following steps will be taken:
- Student will be issued a " No Homework/Assignment/Project Letter"
- Letter must be taken home and signed by a parent
- The signed letter must be turned in the following day WITH the make-up assignment or it will NOT be accepted.
- Please be sure to use parent portal
- Grading of the late assignment will begin at 70%
** If students do not take advantage of the make-up assignment, or do not return the "no homework letter" signed by a parent, the grade of a zero will be recorded in the grade book. No exceptions
All forms of Academic Dishonesty will be dealt with by the teacher and will result in a zero on the assignment. Types of Academic Dishonesty include, but are not limited to: Copying of work, Plagiarism, cheating on exams, test, and quizzes. If an assignment is not explicitly labeled a group assignment, students should not have the same answers or be working closely with each other. No exceptions. As per District policy
I use remind 101 to send out texts about different assignments and for reminders. Please sign up by texting @keene1 to the number 81010 and join the class and please have your child join if they have a phone.
- Students will be prepared for class every day.
- Students will be respectful of themselves and all other individuals at all times.
- Students will respect the property of others at all times.
- Students will be on time.
- Students will follow the district and school rules at all times.
Step 1: Verbal /non-Verbal Warning
Step 2: Private Teacher-Student Conference
Step 3: After school detention and parent contact (ex. E-mail, phone call, note sent home)
Step 4: Parent Teacher Conference
Step 5: Referral to Campus Administration
*For gross misconduct such as fights, weapons, assault, etc. the student will be immediately referred to the office.
**Teacher reserves the right to amend all classroom rules, procedures and consequences as needed.
Students who display appropriate behavior will earn:
- Positive calls home to parent
- And other appropriate incentives
I encourage parental involvement and communication and offer myriad ways to stay in contact. Feel free to contact me anytime you have questions or concerns regarding your student in the classroom. If you would like a conference please call the school to set up an appointment. Please be advised that 24 hour notice is required. My conference is from 10:30-11:05